Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Psycho

Psycho Poster
In my opinion, this film, Psycho was a pretty good film, considering that it was made in 1960. I would give this film an 8 out of 10. This film falls under the horror category, and is the basis of where many current horror films get their sounds from.

As I stated, Psycho was made in 1960, and although technicolor was available, it was shot in black and white. I enjoy the feeling that black and white gives this film. The lighting they use for it is great, casing shadows, and giving the "creepy" feel to it. I think that if this film was shot in technicolor, it would ruin it, as it wouldn't have the feeling to it, and when I imagine it in color, it just seems that it would be worse.

This film has many different twists and turns to it, and I won't be giving them away, you'll have to watch it yourself to find that out, but I will tell the starting of it. It starts by showing an affair between Sam and Marion, Sam is poor, and Marion is a secretary. Marion is instructed by her boss to go bank and deposit the 40,000 dollars that is given to them in cash, and that is when she runs away, gets followed for awhile by a cop, and ends up at the Bates Motel, where she meets Norman, who in his spare time, stuffs things, birds in particular.....

The director of this film is Alfred Hitchcock, with Anthony Perkins starring as Norman Bates, and Janet Leigh starring as Marion Crane. Personally, I have to say that Anthony Perkins did a fantastic job playing as Norman Bates, he played the part perfectly.

The film had me second guessing the plot many, many times, and for a horror film made in 1960, I have to say that this film was pretty good, and set the basics for horror films to follow.

Thank you imdb.com for the information and pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment